Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC)
In order to gain an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC), and applicant is required to undergo appropriate training. This includes:
- The completion of a theoretical course explaining the use of radios in the aviation environment;
- A pass in the AROC exam;
- The successful, practical demonstration of the use of a VHF radio; and
- A general English Language Proficiency (EPL) assessment.
This online theory training is the first step to achieve your AROC. These videos discuss:
- Introduction to aviation radio and applicable legislation;
- Radio wave theory;
- VHF radio components;
- How to use a VHF radio;
- Standard aviation radio phraseology;
- How to make accurate radio transmissions using standard phraseology;
- Operations in controlled and non-controlled airspace; and
- Emergency and abnormal radio procedures.
AROC Course Notes